Your rights and remedies under the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty give to your rights over and above the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA).
Our regular Terms & Conditions apply unless otherwise stated.
Under the CGA all products must:
- be of acceptable quality (durable, safe, fit for purpose, free from defects, acceptable in look or finish)
- be fit for any particular purpose you have told the supplier
- match a description, sample or model shown to you
- have good legal title, e.g. be able to be sold and not have any security interests registered against them
- be a reasonable price if no price is set
- arrive on time (within a reasonable time if not agreed) and in good condition
- have spare parts and repair facilities available (manufacturer is responsible). This does not apply if you are told about limited availability before you buy.
If these guarantees are not met, the supplier must remedy the issue by either repair, replacement, or if neither are possible, then a refund of the purchase price.
|Features||Consumer Guarantees Act||ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty Benefit|
|Repair or replacement of faulty components with components of|
the same value or comparable quality
|You can decide to repair or replace a component or a product||Yes – in the case of substantial failure the consumer has the choice of remedy||Yes – if the product has failed 3 times|
|Cover applies to replacement item||Yes – for a ‘reasonable’ period||Yes – the remaining term under the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty|
cover will transfer to the replacement item
|Cover for consequential losses||Yes – if they were reasonably foreseeable as a result of the failure||No|
|Fair Wear and Tear||Yes – if it fails before it might reasonably have been expected to||Yes – if the customer has taken all due care to protect the product|
|Loan unit (available on Laptop , smartphone )||No||Yes|
|Accessories cover (Power Adapter, Battery, Cables)||Yes – if Act Applies for ‘reasonable’ period||Yes – 3 years|
|Hardware Cover||Yes – if Act Applies for ‘reasonable’ period||Yes – 3 years|
|Commercial Use||Yes – if Act Applies and is not contracted Out||Yes|
|Free Insurance Report (If insurance Claim needed)||No||Yes|
ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty Benefits
- Loan unit (available on Laptop, smartphone)
Should ITstuff[ed] need to keep your portable device on-site for inspection, overnight testing, repairs or servicing, we will loan you a unit within 3 business days of drop-off to replace the absence of your laptop or smartphone for the duration of your service.
- Accessories cover (Power Adapter, Battery, and Cables)
ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty will cover your power adapter & Laptop battery or other accessories which were included in your original package.
- Hardware Cover
This means your new tech is covered from the day of purchase to the end of your warranty in the unlikely event that any faults appear within the hardware.
- Commercial Use
ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty will cover the warranty even under commercial usage
- Free Insurance Report (If insurance Claim needed)
ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty will help you to issue insurance report when you need to claim from insurance company.
ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty covers the item(s) specified in the Invoice and purchased as new, which at the time of purchase included the manufacturer’s original written warranty. In order to be eligible for the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty must provide at least 1 year parts and labour coverage. The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty covers all mechanical and electrical defects that would normally be covered by the manufacturer’s written warranty, unless otherwise stated in the following terms and conditions.
- ITstuff[ed] reserves the right to claim under any relevant manufacturer’s warranty, and ITstuff[ed] will deal with the manufacturer as required in order to meet its ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty obligations.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty commences from the date of purchase, and extends the manufacturer’s 1 or 2 year warranty to 2 or 3 years as specified in the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty option you select.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty is only valid for the product with the serial number recorded in the original proof of purchase (Invoice).
- ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty is for the repair or replacement of faulty components with components of the same value or comparable quality. The decision to repair or replace a component or a product during the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty period will be made solely by ITstuff[ed] in respect of an initial product failure. However, if the product fails 3 or more times, the client can request a replacement product, rather than a repair.
- ITstuff[ed] will provide services during normal business hours and business days and therefore will be closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- ITstuff[ed] will ensure that service is completed as quickly as possible, we are not responsible for delays caused by factors beyond our control, including but not limited to manufacturer’s delays in providing parts, and general manufacturer availability of parts.
- The original proof of purchase must be provided by clients to claim the warranty/services. Clients will be charged a service fee for the services rendered if such documentation is not available.
- Clients are responsible for delivery of the warranted item to ITstuff[ed] so it can be inspected and repaired or replaced.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty covers failure from fair wear and tear, provided the client has taken all reasonable steps to maintain and care for the product.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty does not cover repairs for the replacement of parts due to incompatibility.
- ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty only covers components that were present at the time of purchase. The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty does not cover any components that have been fitted after the original purchase.
- Damage to the item or its components, caused by power surges or spikes, including but not limited to, mains power and telecommunication connections, or to other unspecified sources, voltage fluctuations, rust or corrosion are not covered by the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty. Clients should take all reasonable steps to protect against damage caused by power surges, such as purchasing a surge protector that complies with local standards.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty does not cover damage to the item caused by overheating as a result of sitting or positioning the item without adequate ventilation for cooling or a dust free environment.
- The ITstuff[ed] does not accept liability for items lost, damaged or stolen as a result of freight, courier or storage.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty only covers hardware faults, and makes no provision for consequential loss of data of any type. It is the responsibility of the client to make regular backups of all data.
- The ITstuff[ed] may replace the same, similar or slightly better item when the faulty item is not economical to repair. Technological advances may result in a replacement item with a lower selling price than the original. The replacement cost shall not exceed the original purchase price of the item.
- If the item is replaced, any remaining term under ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty will transfer to the new item.
- The ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty does not cover loss or damage due to accidental or deliberate damage, negligence, abuse, wilful act, misuse, accident, theft, sand, liquid, rust, battery leakage, flood, fire, earthquake, electrical storms or any other act of god, war or terrorism.
- The following are not covered under the ITstuff[ed] Extended Warranty: dropped product; collision with another object; any result of a malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; costs where no mechanical or electrical failure is identified; consequential loss of any type; normal maintenance costs.